David Tennant (27 Dec 2009)
First Broadcast: Sun 27 Dec 2009 - ~11:15am UTC (United Kingdom)
Running Time: 45 minutes
Kirsty Young's castaway is the actor David Tennant.
He has been voted the best Dr Who ever and has redefined the Time Lord for a generation of parents and children.
As a child he was a huge fan of the programme; he reckons he only ever missed one episode, wore a long stripy scarf and queued up to meet Tom Baker and get his autograph. As a role, he says, it appealed not just to his adult self but to the eight-year-old boy who was just below the surface.
Tennant's choices were:
- The Proclaimers - Over and Done With
- Elvis Costello - Oliver's Army
- The Housemartins - Me and the Farmer
- Deacon Blue - Dignity
- Eddie Izzard - The Starship Enterprise
- Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby
- Tim Minchin - White Wine in the Sun (castaway's favourite)
- Billy Bragg - Greetings to the New Brunette
Tennant's book to have was A La Recherche Du Temps Perdu by Marcel Proust, and his luxury item was a solar DVD player loaded with the seven series of the West Wing.